Your Agent for Life in the Lowcountry
Everything you need to know about buying or selling a home in Charleston, or the Tri-County area can be found here. As the preeminent real estate professional in the community, Michael Schumpert is dedicated to providing the finest service available while breaking new ground.
Because the real estate industry is becoming more sophisticated and challenging every day, you need a professional that understands the industry and is positioned to stay ahead of the game.
Michael Schumpert goes the extra mile to help you achieve your goals. He will diligently research current homes for sale to find your ideal home to purchase and then he will manage every aspect to get you from contract to closing to keys in your pocket. If selling, he constantly researches the market and property values so your home is priced effectively from day one. He will also make sure the public knows your home is for sale by using innovative advertising and marketing techniques to attract potential buyers.
Most importantly, he cares. He cares about you, where you are, and where you want to be.
"I've been selling real estate here in Charleston for 10 years, and have lived here for over 25 years and know and enjoy all its beautiful areas!
With uncompromising standards of integrity, honesty, and service, I give my client the confidence of knowing that their transaction will be completed professionally and ethically. My work ethic is based on solid principles. I believe in doing business as if your transaction was mine. Because of this integrity and dedication, clients return to me with new business and also refer their friends and associates.
In this business, knowledge is everything. I'm an expert in the technical aspects of the real estate transaction. I'm proficient with short-sales, foreclosures, first time home purchases, as well as second homes and investments. I can answer most questions you may have on property files, current ownership, outstanding liens and property tax assessments. You can rest assured that I have the knowledge and capability you need to complete your real estate transaction. You can rely on me with confidence.
Results are what you're really after, isn't it? You want to find the home that is right for you - at the right price. You want to sell your home for the highest possible price in the shortest possible time. And you want someone who can get the job done right. With me, you've come to the right place."
Michael is a licensed Realtor, Accredited Buyer Representative and Relocation Specialist. He has experience in all areas of Charleston including Mount Pleasant, Isle of Palms, Sullivan's Island, Wild Dunes, Daniel Island, Downtown Charleston, West Ashley, James Island, Summerville, Goose Creek, Awendaw, McClellanville, John's Island, Wadmalaw Island, Seabrook, Kiawah, and North Charleston.
He has won Gold and Silver Circle awards, and has been the Top Producer, Top Sales, and Top Listing agent for his office. He is a member of the National Association of Realtors, South Carolina Association of Realtors, and the Charleston Trident Association of Realtors. He is also a Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource, a Loss Mitigation Consultant, an E-Pro, and has his green® designation.
As for his personal interests, he enjoys most anything active, challenging, or thought-provoking. Long-time favorites are surfing, fishing, camping, boating, soccer and softball!
Most importantly, he loves and enjoys every moment with his wife and daughter. They are truly his pride and joy and he cherishes them deeply.
Michael Schumpert, Realtor, ABR, SFR, LMC, green
Carolina One Real Estate
195 W. Coleman Blvd.
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
**New!!! Click here to search the MLS from your phone**
Click here for my latest blog!
Facebook Linked-in Twitter
- Bryce and Danielle Johnson: Dear Michael, Bryce and I would like to thank you for helping us as we found and purchased our new house. As first-time home buyers, we knew very little about the purchasing process, and you were an excellent resource for us. We especially appreciated your availability, promptness and organization, and genuine kindness.
Because of your hard work, Bryce and I had a very easy and positive experience buying our first home. During the search process, we never felt pressure from you to consider a particular property or price range. You offered your help when we needed it, but also gave us the space to make our own decision. When we settled on a home and began working towards closing, we remained impressed with your consistent professionalism. By quickly and competently handling our contract, addendums, and the related paperwork, you allowed Bryce and me to focus on other, more exciting, aspects of our move. We never had to worry about the tedious details, and could hardly believe how smoothly the entire purchasing process went. Your efficiency was the biggest reason we were able to close a few days early, which made our move even more convenient.
It's been three weeks since we became homeowners, and we couldn't be happier with our new residence. Thank you again for your enormous role in making this happen for us. From finding us a short-term rental during our search to checking in with us after our move, you truly remained a part of our house hunt from beginning to end.
Danielle and Bryce Johnson
- Edward and Glenna White: We recently bought a home in Mount Pleasant and sold one on James Island. Our Realtor is Michael Schumpert and believe me, we would have called it all off had it not been for his help. My husband had three surgeries last year and all of our spare time was spent in doctor's offices. Michael handled it all for us and was there any time we had questions or needed him. I will most highly recommend him to anyone who needs a Realtor.
Sincerely, Edward and Glenna White
- Joseph Kirzhner: I think that Michael Schumpert is the best realtor, I've ever had. I was looking for an investment property, and I had several requirements for my purchase including wanting a property priced 20% below market, with close proximity to the beach and downtown Charleston, located in a popular and established subdivision, and in an affordable price range. I wanted the property to be ready to move-in, or for renting, or for flipping. Adding to the equation was my own knowledge of the housing market and my love of searching foreclosures.
Michael exceeded my expectations. He found a deal better than any foreclosure, in an established Mount Pleasant area. He has shown me multiple properties over weekends and holidays (I am an out-of-towner). He helped to prepare the documentation needed for closing, and found an appropriate attorney. After closing, Michael helped with finding cost effective insurance and an affordable contractor for needed improvements.
Meeting and working with Michael Schumpert was the best thing that happened to me in my real estate ventures, and I would like to think of him as my Realtor for life. I strongly recommend Michael Schumpert to anyone trying to find desirable housing or investments in Charleston and its surrounding areas. -- Joseph Kirzhner
- Shane Ziegler: My fiance and I were first time home buyers and looking for a home in the Mt. Pleasant area. We were referred to Michael Schumpert by a friend who had worked with him in the past. Michael helped us determine what price range we could afford, and narrow down the area of Mt. Pleasant we wanted to live. After only a few days of looking at the houses Michael had selected, we found the perfect home. We knew as soon as we stepped in the door, that it was the one for us.
Michael was an excellent liaison between us and the seller and their agent. He was very helpful in getting us what we wanted during the negotiation process.
What I liked most about Michael was his dedication to make us happy and feel at ease during the whole process. He would always answer his phone when I called with a question or concern, and he would get back to me with a timely answer.
I would recommend Michael Schumpert to anyone who is looking for a home in the Charleston area. He is dedicated to finding his clients what they want, and doing what it takes to make them happy.
- Mark Hipps: I can tell you why I asked you to help me acquire my first home. You have been in real estate long enough to know the pitfalls that trap first-time home buyers like us, but are young and hungry enough that you are willing to put the effort into finding the right house. We looked at properties East of the Cooper, West of the Ashley, and James Island and depended on you to know the market in all of those places. We closed on my house over 6 months ago, and I continue to benefit from your knowledge of the local real estate market. Clearly buying my home was a good decision for me, as was choosing to work with you through the transaction. Thanks for the hard work before, during, and AFTER the closing.
Thanks again for your help and PERSEVERANCE!
- Marc McLeod: When I finally decided it was time to buy home, I wanted the most knowledgeable and professional person I could find. I have no doubts that Michael Schumpert is that person. Buying a home can be a stressful endeavor, especially when deployed overseas as I am and the fact that I had only two weeks to look at houses, but Michael was able to alleviate my worries by keeping me up to date on everything that was happening throughout the entire process. He was able to help me to narrow down the perfect home for me from dozens of options. He flawlessly managed all the details from contract to close.
One of the most impressive aspects about Michael is that he was able to provide a very detailed answer to every question I asked him...from insurance issues to structural questions. And believe me...I asked a lot of questions! Michael's personal service and attention to detail are nothing short of exceptional. I truly appreciate all the time, research, and energy he put into to helping me buy my first home and would highly recommend Michael to anyone. I couldn't have done it without him! - Marc McLeod
- Bruce Niles: Michael has been extremely helpful in our real estate transactions. My wife, Hilarie, and I could not be more pleased. Michael is a gentleman with just the right amount of aggression to work well with both a buyer and seller. Michael is the best!
- Carol and Joseph Donadio: To Whom It May Concern, My husband and I want to inform and compliment you regarding one of your best brokers, namely Michael Schumpert. Through him and his dedicated hard work, we've purchased a new home and vacant land. He possesses qualities of respect, honesty, warm personality, dependability and lots of patience. We had experiences with other brokers, but for us, Michael is the best. He was always available from beginning to end of our purchases, and made them as pleasant as possible. After all, our happiness and future depended on him.
Our friends visited us from New York looking for residence here and of course we recommended Michael. They were very pleased with his service and referred to him as an "exceptionally pleasant guy." We hopefully anticipate future investments here, and Michael is greatly depended upon. He is not only our broker, but became a dear friend with his always pleasant smile!!
Sincerely, Carol and Joseph Donadio